LOST MARY strongly supports efforts to prevent youth access to vaping products and LOST MARY embraces marketing restrictions and guidelines that will reduce youth exposure to the marketing and promotion of all vaping products.
At the same time, LOST MARY is committed to ensuring that adult smokers have equal access to truthful and factual information about vaping products, as well as a wide array of vaping products.
LOST MARY has adopted the following core principles:
1. Our products are intended as a nicotine alternative to cigarettes for adult smokers only.
2. Our products should not be marketed to anyone who is under 18 years of age.
3. Our products should not be sold to or used by anyone who is not at least 18 years of age.
LOST MARY MARKETING STANDARDS
The marketing of LOST MARY products is governed by the following standards:
1. Products shall not be marketed through the use of cartoons, cartoon imagery, anime or other designs that are attractive to young people or associated with youth culture.
2. Products shall not be marketed in any way that mimics trademarks, trade dress or branding of other products that are commonly marketed to young people or associated with youth culture.
3. While our advertising may encourage people to switch away from cigarettes, our products shall not be marketed as a smoking cessation device.
4. Products shall not be marketed as providing a therapeutic benefit, as being safe or healthy for consumers, or as products which do not produce secondhand health effects.
5. Product labels shall accurately reflect the ingredients contained in each product and marketing communications shall clearly state if the product contains nicotine.
6. Our marketing shall be directed towards those who are current users of cigarettes and should not be designed to encourage non-smokers to start using vaping products.
7. No health professionals shall be used in any marketing to endorse, either directly or indirectly, our products.
8. Spokespeople and individuals (including influencers) used in any marketing or advertising must appear to be at least 25 years of age.
9. Any print advertisements shall be responsibly restricted to channels and publications for which the demographic is adult (21+).
10. Any event marketing or sponsorship shall be responsibly restricted to events for which the demographic is adult (18+).
11. Any outdoor advertisements (including digital outdoor advertisements, but excluding mobile advertisements, e.g., on transport) shall be physically located at least 300 metres from any primary or secondary school, youth-oriented facility, or childcare facility.
12. Except for media targeted exclusively to the trade, marketing communications with the direct or indirect effect of promoting (nicotine-containing e-cigarettes and their components) LOST MARY products (which are not licensed as medicines) are not permitted in the following media:
- A. Newspapers, magazines and periodicals
- B. Online media and some other forms of electronic media
13. Follow the enforcement notice by Committee of Advertising Practice (CAP), we do not place – or incentivise third parties to place – content on TikTok relating to vaping products and their components which are labelled as “paid partnership” or “#ad”.
14. Advertising which has the direct or indirect effect of promoting unlicenced vaping products and their components should not appear on a public TikTok account, in either ‘paid for’ or ‘non-paid for’ space. We understand this is also a violation of TikTok’s branded content policy and community guidelines.
Twitter: Twitter prohibits the promotion of tobacco products, accessories, and brands globally. This includes All cigarettes, including alternatives which imitate the act of smoking
Twitter prohibits knowingly marketing or advertising the following products and services to minors: Tobacco products or accessories, including electronic cigarettes*(Please note that asterisked items are prohibited from advertising on Twitter overall.)
Tik Tok: We do not allow showing or promoting recreational drug use, or the trade of alcohol, tobacco products, and drugs. Tobacco products include vaping products, smokeless or combustible tobacco products, synthetic nicotine products, E-cigarettes, and other Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems.
Instagram: Content that promotes the use of certain regulated products, such as tobacco or vaping products, adult products and services, or pharmaceutical drugs. (We remove content that attempts to sell or trade most regulated goods.) We use technology to try to avoid showing people under 16 years old content that promotes non-medical drugs and marijuana even if they follow the account sharing it.
Facebook: Ads must not promote the sale or use of tobacco or nicotine products and related paraphernalia unless they are cessation products. Ads must not promote delivery devices such as electronic cigarettes, vaporisers or any other products that simulate smoking or are otherwise designed for use with tobacco or nicotine products.
PREVENTING CHILD ACCESS TO VAPING PRODUCTS
LOST MARY strongly supports actions to prevent youth access to our products and all tobacco products.
1. LOST MARY expects compliance by all those selling tobacco and vaping products with the age restrictions embodied in national laws.
2. LOST MARY fully supports compliance with the child resistant packaging requirements for LOST MARY’s Products.
3. LOST MARY fully supports laws that impose penalties on retailers or others who sell vaping products to children and on children who are found in possession of vaping products.
4. All vape shops and other retailers of LOST MARY products should implement strict underage policies requiring that their employees ask for identification of anyone who appears under the age of 25.
5. LOST MARY encourages all retailers who specialise in selling e-cigarettes and other tobacco products to either prevent children from entering or ask children unaccompanied by an adult to leave their store immediately.
6. LOST MARY encourages retailers to display warning signs stating either that (a) Unaccompanied Children Are Not Allowed on Premises or (b) Vaping Products are Not for Sale to Children or (c) Underage Sale Prohibited.
7. LOST MARY does offer the online purchase of its products and should be restricted to adults through either direct verification of appropriate approved photo ID upon delivery of product or through the use of age verification technologies provided by independent third party agencies using public records databases.
8. LOST MARY packaging and marketing materials for vaping products must contain a warning which indicates that such products are “It is forbidden to sell this product to children” or comparable language whether or not required by law.
9. LOST MARY do not sell any disposable products with more than 2ml e-liquid.